Monday, August 31, 2009
My New Life pin was included in this treasury of gorgeous items available from Etsy sellers. The selections were chosen from members of two Etsy teams: FHF Team and HAF Team. Kitzbitz is a member of both teams. I am a member of the HAF team.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Her June Garden Beadwoven Bracelet is one of my favorites on Etsy. But there are many many more beautiful items in her shop. Check it out!
If you aren't familiar with Etsy, you are missing out on some wonderful hand made creations. It's a great place to shop for gifts for everyone in your family.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
If you want to see more gorgeous turquoise pieces, check out her shop on Etsy. For example, here's her Open Squares Turquoise bracelet - one of my favorites.
There are many more lovely items in her shop. Be sure to check it out!
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Here's some lovely Liquid Oil lampwork beads I found in her shop.
Kitzbitz and I are both members of the Handmade Artists Forum (HAF) Team on Etsy.
If you feel like shopping for some beautiful beadwoven items, check out her shop. Here's one of my favorites (it was truly hard to pick just one!).
I met Smadar through the Etsy Beadweaving (EBW) Team Group on Etsy and she has truly been an inspiration to me.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Thanks for the 600th heart, Blessed Republic!
Friday, August 14, 2009
I'm sure you won't be able to figure out what I'm going to buy with my $50 gift certificate! Happy shopping tomorrow!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Please go here to vote. You have until the 15th to vote for your favorite.
Thanks for everyone's understanding and love of beadweaving!
Friday, August 7, 2009
Be sure to visit the EBW Team Blog June 9th thru the 15th when you will be able to cast your vote for your favorite piece.
1. Nefertiti's Treasure Beadwoven Choker Necklace - RachelesOriginals
2. All That Glitters ... Is Not Gold - beadsforever
3. Gaia Goddess Beadwoven Bracelet - cigarboxbeads
4. Punk Rocker Bracelet in Blue and Black - roseworksjewelry
5. Peyote bracelet for Queen Maud of Norway - PFordCustomJewelry
6. Shades of the Southwest - beadsandblooms
7. Black and Gold - ArtfulAr
8. The FIRST Lady of Style - BettyStephanBeadwork
9. Bright Young Thing - copperwaycrafts
10. Luthien - MadeByOlga
13. The Elizabethan - daynamiles
14. For Sofia - Choker - triz
17. Just Our Style - 1BeadAtATime
18. Coco Chanel Inspired Cuff Bracelet - GinjaGirlDesigns
19. Lagoon Lustre - sutkibeads
20. A Necklace for Michelle - BeadazzledofOregon
21. Royal Blue - Marie-Antoinette - StudioAnnieVeillette
22. 2 in 1 Multi Strand Silver and Blue Iris Necklace - SmadarsTreasure
23. Princess Jezebel's Jewels - Fivefootfury13
24. Memories IN Style - trinitydj
25. Victorian Cameo Brooch - enchantedbeads
26. Aphrodite - GreenEnvyDesigns
27. Classic Celtic Braided Bracelet - AmethystRavenstar
30. Montana Sapphire - beadwoman3
Monday, August 3, 2009
Here is my entry into the challenge. I chose to make a simple bracelet combining an old technique with modern bling.
I began with a netting base. Netting, which dates back to well before the Christian era, is the stitch with the longest history. Lacy and soft, netting has lots of open spaces. You can see the diamond pattern on the backside of the bracelet.
To the netted base, I added over 200 6mm Swarovski bicone crystal beads in various colors of blue giving it lots of flash and sparkle - sure to get attention is this day and age of bling. The closure is a new and modern 18" Swarovski Rivoli crystal enclosed in a peyote stitched bail.
If you don't want to wait until August 9th to see all the entries, just go to http://www.etsy.com and search using the search word "EBWC".