Friday, October 15, 2010

Hidden Glory - Colors of Fall

The theme for Artbeads current blogging design partners is "Colors of Fall."  It was fun to select these gloriously colored artisan lampwork beads for my project - colors I wouldn't normally choose, but that fit the theme perfectly.  I was delighted with the colorful coral and beige mix mini Kaleras lampwork beads in coral, tan, and brown, with hints of blue and green.  To go with the lampwork beads, I chose some Toho Natural Picasso size 11 seed beads and they were a perfect match.  Artbeads has a huge selection and variety of Toho seed beads to choose from.


I added some other seed beads for contrast and created this bracelet which I call Hidden Glory.  The glory of the orange lampwork beads is hidden within the more common browns of autumn.  The bead weaving stitch is the Oglala stitch, named for the beadweavers of the Lakota nation in South Dakota (a great state where I was born)!


I'm very happy with how the bracelet turned out and will be listing it in my Etsy and Artfire shops.



My evaluation of Artbeads' products is given honestly and freely and I receive no compensation from Artbeads for my participation in their group of blogging design partners.


2 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!