Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dichroic Glass Buttons

I am very excited about my new dichroic glass buttons.  To make a long story short, I found out my husband had purchased a drill press several years ago (which I never knew we had).  I purchased some diamond drill bits and learned how to operate the drill press.  In just a few minutes I had created my first button out of one of my dichroic glass cabs. 



After drilling the holes I had to put the button in the kiln again to round out the holes.  After this first success, I was excited to make more.  Here are two of the next ones I made.


Rosita Pisarchick bought two of my buttons and created this beautiful bracelet that she called "Peacock Struttin it's Stuff" using one of my buttons for the closure.  I'm lovin' it!

Rosita has several shops on Etsy. She sells her beautiful beadwoven jewelry in her CrownRoseGems shop. She sells vintage and antique buttons in her ButtonStash shop.  She sells Jacquard and woven trims in her Trim Goddess and Trim Goddess2 shops.  She is one busy lady keeping up all those shops!
 
It's always an honor to see my work displayed on someone else's creation.  It motivates me to make more buttons (which I have done).  Here's a couple more that I'm getting ready to list in my Etsy shop.


I think there should be a National Button Day!  What do you think?



8 comments:

  1. Linda - Those are great! And how nice that you found the drill press your husband sneaked into the house. Just imagine what other tools he's got hidden away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are some fantabulous buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! Love the new buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are stunning - and what a great way to be able to incorporate them into your pieces using them as clasps. Gorgeous.

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your buttons are incredible! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate all the nice comments. Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda's dichroic buttons are totally wonderfu. I have become addicted to them.
    Thank you for the kind mentions of my etsy shops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!