Sunday, March 28, 2010

Artbeads Valentines Day Creation

A few weeks ago, I gave a little preview of my Artbeads Blogging Partner creation which was supposed to be in honor of Valentines Day.  I had ordered these beautiful ceramic hearts as well as several types of beads that I thought would look good with the ceramic hearts - some cute mother of pearl heartssterling silver roundels, 1.8mm square cut beads, and 4mm Druk cherry red beads.  Artbeads has a great selection  of Valentine's Day components which you can find HERE.  (Good to know for next year!!)

 


I had originally intended to make a bead embroidered cuff but when I started beading around the large heart I discovered some problems.  The larger ceramic heart bead is about 5mm thick and I was having a hard time figuring out what size beads looked good next to it.  I was also perplexed about what to do with the inner cutout part.  After several attempts I decided my idea wasn't going to work and I had to come up with plan B which came together much easier.

First I created two different pendants with the ceramic hearts.


Both pendants can be hung from the same beaded necklace "chain."





I plan on listing this necklace in my Etsy shop and will donate all proceeds to the relief efforts in Haiti.

I am delighted to be a part of Artbeads blogging group and I receive no compensation from them for blogging about their products.

3 comments:

  1. Linda, I love what you did with these! I personally believe hearts should be around all year, even red ones! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Linda! This is BEAUTIFUL!! Valentine's day or not, what a wonderful necklace. You do great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, your heart pendants are so sweet. It's a wonderful thing that you're donating the proceeds to the Haiti appeal too. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!